Friday, January 10, 2020

Healthy New year to us all.


I am proud to say I am a 46 year old woman who is currently not on any medications. I take a handful of herbs and vitamins every morning that on the whole keeps me going. This last few months have been down right painful. I was training for a 5k in october I completed in respectable time.I have been experiencing foot pain and finally got a radiograph and there were no reported fracture but I have a bone spur. HAHAHAHA.

In the other hand the stress of my job, life and environment is getting to me. Last year I broke with Shingles. This year I broke with skin lesions that started out looking like it again-so antivirals and diet change trying to avoid herpes stimulating foods. Blood tests that I put off in June were also drawn at the same time as foot rads were taken. It showed that I have a resounding response to Epstein Barr (yet another herpes virus)  and the skin lesions now many more have not receded. New theory is Psoriasis. I bought a locally made salve with all the ingredients recommended and it is already better in less than 6 hours. 

I am working towards have my total hysterectomy on Feb 6th. Some of you know my mother died of stage 4 ovarian cancer. Get a test- CA-125 it is the only know test for cancer markers it is not perfect but it's the only one out there. I have been having my test drawn every year, my numbers are still very much under the reference ranges but the number has slowly been creeping up.  I have been having this discussion with my Gynecologist since I first met her in 2014. I was pregnant with Tori and wanted them to do it at her c-section, but they wouldn't so I settled for tubal ligation. 3 years later she said I could at 45 last year I said lets start the process. We are at the days count down and I am scared but know this preventative measure will allow me to live longer and healthier so that I can watch my children grow. 

I have gained a great deal of weight back due to all the stress. I have been trying to get down under 200 for the surgery but with the latest test results it's recommended to go mostly vegan ( no red meat no gluten, I'm already allergic to cheese and to eggs. so shit why not go big. I will continue to eat fish and seafood, and maybe chicken but we shall see. ) We have also added in a few more vitamins and supplements in my handful every morning the one I'm least looking forward to is the tablespoon of fish oil. I bought supplies today and divided up my pills for the week and ordered what I'm missing. 

Again more info than what FB is about but you all know I am transparent to a fault. If one person can learn from me and my experiences so be it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment